I just felt like baking a cake for my husband’s friends who came visiting us on Friday and came up with this cake that children would like.
1. Two cups of plain flour
2. One cup of granulated white sugar
3. A teaspoonful of baking powder
4. 225g of unsalted butter
5. Three eggs
6. One cup of milk
7. Quarter cup of raisins
8. Quarter cup of cocoa powder
9. A teaspoonful of vanilla extract
10. A pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius
2. Grease the baking pan and set aside
3. Mix the butter and sugar until fluffy and a bit whitish in colour
4. Whisk the eggs till ribbon stage, then add little by little, to the butter and sugar mixture.
5. Add the milk little by little and mix together
6. Add the Vanilla
7. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together and set aside
8. Separate a quarter cup of flour from the sifted flour and mix with the cocoa powder
9. Scoop out a little quantity of the butter mixture and sieve the cocoa powder mixture into it.
10. Sieve in the other flour mixture into the butter mixture and pour into the greased pan.
11. Use spatula and fold in the mixture
12. Pour the cocoa batter mixture onto the top of the cake in a circular form, then spread the raisins on top for a nice design.
13. Bake in the preheated oven for about 35-40 mins or the inserted skewer/toothpick comes out clean with no batter sticking on the inserted tool.
Cake is ready to serve. Enjoy!