The 2016 G(irls)20 Summit will be held in China next August. A delegate from each G20 country, as well as the African & European Union, Pakistan, Afghanistan & MENA region, will be selected to represent their country.
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Female, between the ages of 18-23 (at the time of Summit);
- Lives in and holds citizenship in a G20 member country, Afghanistan, Pakistan, the African or European Unions, or the MENA region;
- Is proficient in the English language for all verbal and written communications;
- Has or can obtain a valid passport and visa for travel no later than April 31, 2016
- Has an interest in the economic advancement of girls and women;
- Will commit to launching a post-Summit initiative/project in her own community;
- Has parental or guardian permission to travel to China and to fully participate in the summit for the duration of the Summit (This may require absence from school); and,
- Will provide consent to appear in any and all media
HOW TO APPLY
In order to ensure successful completion, please download and save files to your computer before filling forms.
STEP 1: Review the Application Instructions Form here
STEP 2: Review and Sign the Delegate Commitment Form here
STEP 3: Complete the Delegate Application Form here
STEP 4: Reference Form to be completed by school official, NGO sponsor or community organization who has known the applicant for a minimum of 1 year. Relatives will not be considered here
STEP 5: Compile all other required documents:
- Personal Biography, 250 words maximum. If selected, this may be used on our website.
- Head and shoulders photograph. If selected this may be used on our website.
- Video submission file (.mp4) as outlined in Application Form.
- Scan of Passport. If you do not have a passport at the time of application, submit a government document to show proof of age – birth certificate, national identity card, etc.
STEP 6: Ensure all 7 required documents are complete. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed or considered. Please save all files as follows:
- Commitment Form: 2016Commitment_Country_FirstNameLastName
- Application Form: 2016Application_Country_FirstNameLastName
- Reference Form: 2016Reference_Country_FirstNameLastName
- Personal Biography: 2016Biography_Country_FirstNameLastName
- Headshot: 2016Photo_Country_FirstNameLastName
- Video Submission (.mp4): 2016Video_Country_FirstNameLastName
- Passport or Proof of age: 2016Passport_Country_FirstNameLastName
STEP 7: Submit your application, with all required documents attached in one email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ALL FIELDS MUST BE COMPLETED FOR THE APPLICATION TO BE CONSIDERED!
- Deadline to submit complete applications: January 15th, 2016, Midnight (EST);
- Two finalists from each country will be selected and contacted by mid February, 2016. Phone interviews will be held shortly thereafter (only those selected for an interview will be contacted); and,
- G(irls)20 2016 Final Delegates will be announced March 8th, 2016 on the occasion of International Women’s Day.
The following will be provided to all G(irls)20 Summit Delegates:
- Summit learning materials and supplies;
- Return economy air travel arrangements, from the closest international airport to the delegate’s home to China;
- Accommodations while in China (in transit accommodations to be covered by the delegate);
- Meals – breakfast, lunch, dinner and refreshments each day;
- All ground transportation while in China.
Visit the official website link